“An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” – Edwin Land
Why is Responsive Web Design important?
In the field of Web design and development, we’re quickly getting to the point of being unable to keep up with the endless new resolutions and devices. For many websites, creating a website version for each resolution and new device would be impossible, or at least impractical. Should we just suffer the consequences of losing visitors from one device, for the benefit of gaining visitors from another? Or is there another option?
Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests which design and development should respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. The practice consists of a mix of flexible grids and layouts, images and an intelligent use of CSS media queries. As the user switches from their laptop to iPad, the website should automatically switch to accommodate for resolution, image size and scripting abilities. In other words, the website should have the technology to automatically respond to the user’s preferences. This would eliminate the need for a different design and development phase for each new gadget on the market.
Expect More From Your Responsive Web Design
Responsive Web design shouldn’t be just about how to create a flexible layout on a wide range of platforms and screen sizes. It should also be about the user being able to pick and choose content. Fortunately, CSS has been allowing us to show and hide content with ease for years! A site designed with RWD adapts the layout to the viewing environment by using fluid, proportion-based grids, flexible images, and CSS3 media queries, in the following ways:
- The fluid grid concept calls for page element sizing to be in relative units like percentages, rather than absolute units like pixels or points.
- Flexible images are also sized in relative units, so as to prevent them from displaying outside their containing element.
- Media queries allow the page to use different CSS style rules based on characteristics of the device the site is being displayed on, most commonly the width of the browser.
“Know thyself. Know the customer. Innovate.” – Beth Comstock
Get in Touch
Our expertise lies in helping organizations navigate the digital landscape correctly & advising them on leveraging the right online strategy & components that perfectly align with their business objectives both immediate & long term. Feel free to contact us.
- D-306, Twin Arcade, Military Road, Marol, Andheri (E),
022 40 05 0300 /
+91 993 074 7283 corporate(at)certosoft.com
- 1616 Anderson Rd Mclean, VA 22124
+01 703 635 7115